• Pushcart Prize, 2002
• Witter Bynner Translation Fellowship,
• Santa Fe Institute for the Arts, 2002
• Bogliasco Fellow, 2001
Cleveland Arts Prize, 1999
• OSU Press / The Journal Award, 1994
• Ohio Major Artist Award, 1990
• Ohioana Poetry Award, 1988
• Longman Professor of English Oberlin College, 1986-present
• NEA Fellowship in Poetry, 1982
• Huntington Library Fellowship, 1981
• Guggenheim Fellow in Poetry, 1979
• Ohio Arts Council Award, 1978
• U.S. Award of the International Poetry Forum, 1968
• NEH Junior Fellow, 1967-68
Thursday, March 1, 2012-
AWP Tribute Panel, Chicago.
Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm, April 21, 2012-
Rocky River Public Library Book Festival, Cleveland.
Sunday, June 17, 2012, Palazzo Ducale-
International Festival of Poetry, Genoa, Italy.
How a Poem Happens
Recent Anthology Appearances:
The House of Your Dream, An International Collection of Prose Poetry, ed. Robert Alexander and Dennis Maloney, White Pine Press.
In Whatever Houses We May Visit, An Anthology of Poems That Have Inspired Physicians, ed. Michael A. LaCombe and Thomas Hartman, ACP Press.
The Best American Poetry 2008, ed. Charles Wright, Simon & Schuster.
All That Mighty Heart: London Poems, ed. Lisa Russ Spaar,
U. of Virginia Press.
Phone: 440 775 8576